View Single Post
Old 09-02-2015, 12:52 PM   #9
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79LilRedExpress View Post
It is my understanding that a lot of what was shown in Vegas will not ever make it to the showrooms, at least not in the presented format.

I understand that the people at the top want to see how much gets leaked to the social media and in what form... ie: spy photos etc
That's interesting - I remember a few years ago Porsche sued one of their dealers who leaked photos/information that he gathered at a Dealer Announcement Show.

Concerning FCA, I'm not sure what their agenda would be unless they thought the "leaked" photos/info might garner more media coverage than they would receive if they released the photos/info via a Press Release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79LilRedExpress View Post
I can only hope that this was incorrect info and that this wasn't just another dog and pony show like the EV-2, e-Wrangler and Electric Town & Country that NARDELLI AND CREW PROMISED TO HAVE ON THE ROAD BY 2010, further making fools out of the dealers. Time will tell.
I remember watching Nardelli's Dog and Pony show live on CNBC when they covered it. It was 100% pure vaporware - none of those vehicles were even close to reaching production.

I also remember the naysayers were calling BS on Nardelli's announcement shortly after it was made. They concluded it's almost impossible to keep that many future production vehicles secret due to the number of employees and vendors that are required to bring them to market.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote