View Single Post
Old 11-20-2015, 08:43 AM   #14
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryan55 View Post
Yes, indeed. I just took the bait yesterday to get some V8 Big Horn trucks! In exchange for 6 Grand Caravans. If nothing else, I figured that we will need some extra vans on the ground since there will be a few months without production as they ramp up for production of the 2017 model at Windsor. Should see the final retail model at the Detroit Auto Show in January.
I think you made a smart move given the fact the minivans will be out of production for a few months.

Historically Chrysler has always done a good job of helping dealers get rid of previous model inventory when they launch a new vehicle and often the customers who wait to see the new model would rather have the older version once they compare pricing.

Concerning "bait" - I think it's an age old game that's been played with the dealers and factories for generations. One of my favorite stories was when a dealer indicated he agreed to take some Dodge St. Regis sedans so he could get some Dodge Omnis - this was during the 1979 gas crisis.

Who would have figured a lowly Dodge Omni would be "bait."
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote