View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017, 09:37 AM   #6
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
I made a quick trip to Laughlin and made five bets on this weekend's College Football games. Thanks to Michigan's loss I've already lost my first two bets.

Will I go 0 and 5 like I have in the past - time will tell....

Here are my bets:

-- $20 on Michigan to win by more than 7 points pays $38.20 if I win and $0 if I lose
-- $20 on Washington to lose by less than 14 points pays $38.20 if I win and $0 if I lose
-- $20 on USC to win by more than 7 points pays $38.20 if I win and $0 if I lose
-- $20 parlay bet on the above three bets pays $140.00 if I win and $0 if I lose
-- $20 on Washington to beat Alabama pays $110.00 if I win and $0 if I lose

Since I had $14.60 left from my previous winning bets I decided I'd put that amount on a proposition bet for Washington to win the College Football Championship which will pay $189.90 if I win and $0 if I lose.
For those of you keeping track at home I went 0 for 5 on my bets - 0 for 6 if you factor in my proposition bet. (Yes, a blind monkey throwing darts at a dart board would have done better..... )

While I knew my bets on Washington were more of an emotional bet than a logical one I really thought my bets on Michigan and USC would have paid off. (USC beat Penn State but failed to cover the spread.)

While I was happy to see USC beat Penn State it was cool to see Penn State rally in the second half - something they've done all season long. I think it's a sign of great coaching when a team is still convinced they can win even though they're losing at half time.

It was also cool to see Penn State do well despite the NCAA sanctions. When the announce crew was talking about NCAA sanctions I first thought they were talking about USC and the sanctions that came about because of Reggie Bush but they were talking about Penn State and the sanctions for the Sandusky sexual assault case.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote