View Single Post
Old 01-20-2016, 10:34 AM   #18
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawk View Post
after all the work you've put in on this for us, as always, I hope you can find a way to monotize the site. what ever you decide, we all wish you the best.
Thanks for the good wishes.

I remember when the forum was busy back in 2008 - 2009 that it served as a great place to exchange information in what proved to be very uncertain times. It was also a fun place to hang out since many of our members have a great sense of humor and there was no shortage of material to make fun of.

When I look at the market today I still think there's a need for a place where Dealers and their employees can share information.

Concerning revenue, we'll see what happens. After the thread we had about Dealers who buy/sell new car inventory I think there might be something there that's worth pursuing.

I'm also thinking about a database of Dealers who are willing to do Courtesy Deliveries and Drop Ships. Given the insanity associated with stair-step programs I think Dealers might be interested in knowing what markets they might be able to easily sell a car.

As an example, if you had to cheap-sell a vehicle to hit a stair-step target would you rather sell it to your Aunt Elma in Ottumwa, IA or some old car guy in your market who will brag to all of his friends about the great deal he got and how he beat you down on price...
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote