View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 03:02 PM   #6
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swcorp View Post
Thanks XDCX again for letting me join this forum. Our average line 7 is about 16500. Credit scores average about 680, We move about 125 units between our three locations.
Thanks for the update. Your numbers are impressive - both in terms of selling price, credit scores and sales volume.

When I think of independent used car dealers I often think of the Buy Here/Pay Here operations that are selling cars in the $3,000 - $8,000 range so it's good to have a reminder that there are independent dealers who are selling a richer mix of vehicles.

I've read a number of reports over the past year that suggest that many of the OEMs are increasing their incentives and chasing market share. Are you finding it harder to compete with new car deals or are most of your customers interested in a used car only?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swcorp View Post
So whats going on with Chrysler's point?
Chrysler ended up getting fined for $955K by the California New Motor Vehicle Board and they were forced to sell Motor Village of Los Angeles.

Chrysler sold the store to Dennis Lin from the New Century Automotive Group.

The issue seems to have died down but I still think there are Chrysler Dealers in Southern California who fear that Chrysler is subsidizing the rent on the $30 Million Dealership which places their stores at a disadvantage. (Chrysler is still the landlord for the Dealership.)
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote