View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 09:35 AM   #16
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR2 View Post
Regarding "traditonal" luxury, I think Lincoln tried that before and it didn't really work. With the headlight design of the 300 and 200, I don't think Auburn Hills is looking to the traditional luxury buyers either.
I still think there's a large market of people who are in their 60s - 80s who would rather have a "traditional" luxury car. (Vehicles like the Lincoln Town Car, Cadillac Fleetwood, Chrysler Fifth Avenue, etc.)

In many ways the Mercury division would have been perfect for this type of car but that's water under the bridge.

Concerning the Chrysler 300, now that the Town Car is dead I think the styling of the 300 is the closest vehicle in the market for a customer looking for "traditional" luxury.

I'd also add that the customers in the 60s - 80s demographic are nothing to scoff at. In my experience they can be some of the nicest customers to work with, they tend to be loyal to the dealership for service and parts and they are less likely to use the Internet and cross-shop your offer looking for a lower price.

Concerning Chrysler's urban advertising, I'd love to see the current demographics and see if there has been any change in the buyer profile for the Chrysler 300.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote