View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 07:08 AM   #16
Moparguy

Been away for a bit, but yes I cam up the ladder from sweeping the used car lot to dealer principal on the fixed ops. side of the street. Although I did some spend several years selling, I always has a strong sense of commitment to Service and Parts. Having worked in every capacity of dealership life in my 39 years with a family owned company, I have gotten my hands dirty often and taken my fair share of both tech (level 1 and 2) and advisor training. As previously stated, we pay Service advisors to sell service (labor) and we pay Parts advisors to sell Parts. There is no crossover commissions paid to sell parts by Service advisors. If your advisors are bringing in aftermarket parts to protect service labor, you have got a management problem in allowing this. We sell Chrysler OEM parts at an excellerated pricing schedule. Service guests expect to pay more at a dealership and sometimes we do discount those parts to keep our guests happy, but that is the exception...not the norm...and not without the Parts dept. Ok before hand. Our advisors have the authority to keep the guest happy when needed. Parts and Service need to stand on their own and advisors need to stand on their own too when it comes to earning their paycheck each week. Service sells service, Parts sells parts.
Moparguy is offline   Reply With Quote