View Single Post
Old 12-28-2013, 09:10 AM   #6
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_biegler View Post
Does anyone know what the button in his left hand is?
I didn't even notice the button when I watched the video the first two times. (Props for your powers of observation.... )

I had to do a little digging but based on what I've read I'm betting the button in his left hand is for nitrous. Here's an excerpt from an article about the event:
It should be noted that the bright white Stingray that John Hennessey piloted down the Texas highway to 200.6 miles per hour was also equipped with a nitrous oxide package that is not included in the HPE600 C7 package so those looking to go 200 miles per hour in their new Corvette might need a little more than just that HPE600 setup but I would expect that the folks at Hennessey would be happy to sell a nitrous setup or at least point customers in the right direction.
I don't know much about nitrous but I'm guessing a person could empty a tank pretty quick if they're trying to accelerate from 150 MPH to 200 MPH.

Given that a stock 2014 C7 is good for a top speed of 192+ MPH I'm a little surprised Hennessey decided to use nitrous for his 200+ MPH run - maybe he needed the extra power because the course was relatively short?
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote