View Single Post
Old 12-19-2016, 09:37 AM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Default Super surprised that Steve Sarkisian will be Alabama's Offensive Coordinator

I was surprised to hear that Nick Saban selected Steve Sarkisian to replace Lane Kiffin as Alabama's Offensive Coordinator.

I was really happy when Sarkisian was announced as Washington'w Head Coach after Willingham was fired after a disasterous 0 - 12 losing season. Sark did a good job of getting Washington back on track and he proved to be a good recruiter.

As good as Sarkisian is, I don't think he's a great coach. As a Husky fan it was frustrating to see talented young recruits that never seemed to get any better from one season to the next. Additionally, Sarkisian occasionally had some very poor play calling and clock manangement issues.

Perhaps my biggest frustration was Sarkisian's inability to make adjustments at halftime and his inability to get his team ready for the big games.

It will be interesting to see how Sarkisian does at Alabama - my bet is it will be a short relationship but I've been wrong in the past.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote