View Single Post
Old 01-15-2016, 12:12 PM   #6
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryan55 View Post
I think it will be a good product to have in our showrooms, although I am sure that the pricing can get out of hand when you start ticking all the boxes.
The pricing will be interesting. There's no question that more than one vehicle launch for most OEMs has been screwed up because the Execs either missed the mark on pricing or model mix. Hopefully Auburn Hills will get it right with the new Pacifica.

Concerning pricing, anyone remember the days when Chrysler used to launch a car at a low price and then have a series of mid-year price increases? I remember the Chrysler Cirrus followed that pattern and I thought it was a brilliant strategy to get the vehicle off to a fast start so the public can get used to seeing them on the streets.

Quote:
As for a short-wheel base minivan, IIRC the whole DaimlerChrysler plan was to have the Journey replace the SWB vans. That's worked out well, right?

In reality, the Journey has had a good ride the last few years too. Standard third row on most trim levels came in 2015, and one heck of a lease program -- especially on the R/T FWD in employee markets in the GLBC -- have also helped us sell a few more Journeys than usual.
Interesting. Doesn't the Journey have a short future with FCA or do I have that wrong? I really haven't followed Chrysler's product plan too closely.

While I still like the SWB Minivan based on the volume the old 22T package used to generate I can see the Journey as being a suitable substitute. I saw a Journey R/T the other day and thought it looked pretty decent.

Quote:
I will making my trip to the NAIAS on Sunday, so I will take some pictures and have some insight for FCA and the rest of what I see. It will give me something to do with a few days away from the dealership. I am excited to see the minivan and although I am not always the biggest GM supporter (ok, never) I am interested to see the Buick Avista as well as the Buick Cascada convertible which is actually entering production. Seems an odd and shrinking segment for a volume brand, but we will see.
I hope you have an awesome time.

It's been awhile since I've been to the Detroit Auto Show but it was definitely a cool experience for someone who loves cars.

Concerning the Buick Avista, I think it looks awesome. While I know the two-door luxury/performance segment is weak I think Buick should build the car and call it the Grand National - paying tribute to the only real performance car of the mid-80s.

Last edited by XDCX; 01-15-2016 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Changed "strong" to "weak" - my hands were not in sync with my brain...
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote