View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 07:26 PM   #8
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRocket View Post
I almost missed the sarcasm. Glad I didn't because I agree.
Thank you for pointing out my sarcasm - I can see how someone who might be new to the forum wouldn't pick up on my rant and would think I was serious.

As you can probably tell, I was fuming when I was typing those posts. Two of my top pet peeves are people/organizations that take credit for something they didn't do and revisionism.

Concerning revisionism, I think the reason I hate it so much is because it works. Most Americans have short memories and if the NADA says they were fighting for the OLDCO dealers it must be true.

Well, it's not true. It's a huge ass lie. The NADA did nothing for the OLDCO dealers except find ways for their leaders to profit from their demise. If it wasn't for the CRDR the OLDCO dealers would have been left with no support at all. While most of the 789 Chrysler OLDCO dealers still got screwed at least there was a favorable outcome for hundreds of GM OLDCO dealers.

When I think of the NADA and what how they supported the OLDCO dealers, all I can think of is Ed Tonkin's quote when he rolled over and told GM and Chrysler that the NADA was done fighting - "You can't put the toothpaste back in the tube."
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote