View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 12:06 PM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

I meant to reply to this thread earlier but I'm just getting caught up.

I agree with Zach@kb that Facebook is mostly a branding tool and dealers who expect to use it as a selling tool will likely be disappointed.

Concerning the number of "likes" a dealership Facebook page receives, I wouldn't be surprised if some dealers are paying for their "likes."

I read a great article the other day about a reporter who wanted to see how easy it was to create a fake identity on the Internet. He created a Facebook account for a fake person and bought a bunch of "likes" and then created a Twitter account and bought thousands of "followers." Once he had the Facebook and Twitter accounts established he created a Wikipedia page for the fake person. His total expenditure was under $200.

Personally, I'm not a Facebook fan and I don't have much use for the site. That said, my father uses Facebook all of the time and he often tells me about used cars he sees that are for sale by a local used car dealer - so I guess that's anecdotal evidence that Facebook advertising does increase awareness.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote