View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 10:31 AM   #7
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57years View Post
How much state (taxpayer) money to build infrastructure, manage crowds, back bonds..etc. is going to be lost?
Unlike General Motors and Chrysler it doesn't appear the tax payers will lose a single dime on this deal.

I was initially thinking the auction for the race track must be due to bankruptcy or foreclosure but based on a news report I just watched it appears the current owner just wants to go a different direction and decided to sell the track. For a link to the local TV News Report - click here

I'd love to see the Financial Statement for a race track. I'm betting the largest expense, by far, would be debt service and property taxes on the land/facility. Insurance would likely be expensive, but I get the impression that labor costs would be manageable because there's a pool of people who would be willing to work for cheap/free just to be part of the racing experience.

I doubt a race track owner could generate much revenue by hosting the Friday Night Drags, but as Jayhawk mentioned above I bet there is some money that could be earned by renting the track out on weekends to the Viper Club, Corvette Club, BMW group, etc.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote