View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 12:34 PM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default 2004 - 2007 Chrysler REC Radio Navigation Joystick Repair

I was helping my Dad get his 2005 Chrysler 300C ready to sell when I noticed the joystick for the Navigation portion of the radio was no longer working. Since the joystick is the primary input tool for the Navigation system the fact that it was broken made the Navigation features mostly worthless.

I did some checking via Google and found that the joystick failure is very common - so common, in fact, that the old 8 way joysticks are no longer available and a newer 4 way joystick is being used instead.

If you have a technician who is good with a soldiering iron and can de-soldier the old part you can probably do the repair in house.

If you don't have a tech that has that ability, you can do what I did and send the parts off to ReplacementRadios.com and for $125 they'll de-soldier the old part and soldier in a new 4 way joystick and send the parts back to you with FREE shipping.

I know the REC Radio with NAV was used in a lot of the 2005 - 2007 LH vehicles as well as the Jeep Grand Cherokee/Commander.

Given the antiquities of the NAV system it may not be worth it for a Used Car Manager to repair a broken joystick in a car he/she has in inventory. In the case of my father's car, since the car only has 40K miles we thought it made sense to get the joystick repaired.

To be clear, this isn't a commercial for ReplacementRadios.com, if there are better options out there for dealers who need to repair broken electronics I'd love to hear about it.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote