View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 09:34 AM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_biegler View Post
I have driven past this many times. Nice looking place. The listing is hard to read, not sure if its 205 total or 205 plus the 110. I have to guess farmland there has to be at least 8,000.00 to 10,000.00 per acre, so the math says 1.64 million to 2.05 million just for the dirt, and I hate to say it but I think it will, or at least most of it will become crop land. If you have to add the 110 to those numbers they need to be doubled.
We have a customer that has raced bikes there and he said they plant corn in the infield of the road race portion and his son would have to look through the stalks for the action on the exit of the corner. Sounds like fun!
I agree the listing is confusing. My impression is that the total acreage is 205 and only 25 acres is used by the race track.

It will be interesting to see what Mid America Motorplex sells for but I'm guessing that most of the value will be for the farming land and the race track will command a minimal premium - if any at all.

Hopefully the race track will remain open and become a viable business for the new owner.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote