Thread: Core swap
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2015, 08:54 AM   #5
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBrittain View Post
This would be an electronic swap for eligibility. When you purchase a part from FCA they assign your dealer code the core eligibility that will last two years. It doesn't follow the box in the traditional sense. When a part with a core is sold to another dealer you charge the core to them and transfer the eligibility electronically through Dealerconnect.

So, with my list if someone has an extra eligibility they could just send it to my dealer code so I could send my "stuck with" cores back. The others are extra's that I don't and won't have cores to send back so I might be able to help someone else out with something they got stuck with.
Very cool - thanks for the education.

I really like your idea - I bet every Parts Manager out there has a list just like yours - it would be a "win-win" for everyone to get cores that are just sitting in the dealership useless back to the return center for a profit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBrittain View Post
I probably should have titled the thread differently. I would pass on the eligibility without getting something in return. Unless they felt generous and wanted to send out a Dunkin Donuts gift card.
Steven
Good Karma for you.

I'm sure if I had some otherwise useless cores just cluttering my shelves I'd be happy to send you a Dunkin Donuts gift card.

Thanks for creating this thread - I hope other CJDR Parts Managers add to it with the core numbers they have available to swap.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote