View Single Post
Old 02-24-2016, 01:31 PM   #18
mryan55

Update from the Chicago Auto Show -- the Pacifica had a similar but smaller "Pacifica Discovery Zone" set up in Chicago.

There was much less activity in the Chrysler area in Chicago than Detroit, so I did have a chance to play with the DVD/VES system that will be used in the Pacifica. A pretty slick two-screen setup, built around the design of the seatbacks so that it can fold down relatively flush.

This was the first time I was really able to play around with the interior. Pretty nice, but I do have a few concerns -- so it will be interesting to see how they play out. A lot of the plastic around the 8.4" touch screen is very, very shiny. I think it will be susceptible to scratches and wear, but we will see. Overall the effect is quite nice, but the front seat seems a little small -- we will see.

At least the Pacifica enters a shrinking minivan segment, so there will be less players to complete with. Especially with the Nissan Quest and Kia Sedona losing a lot of the traction they gained in the last decade or so.

I think I read that the minivan segment is now only half the size it was it 10 years ago.
mryan55 is offline   Reply With Quote