View Single Post
Old 01-15-2021, 07:26 AM   #64
steve_biegler

Welcome back!

The Forum was very active a decade ago when the Chrysler and GM bankruptcy was going on. Many of the members were effected by the BK, me included.

I personally have no problem with Tesla or their way of selling cars. I'm not convinced electric is the way of the future with all the hurdles in front of them....Range....Charge time.....charging station availability, to name a few.

Now stock price I wonder about. If any of the dealers on the forum would walk into a bank and tell them that we wanted to start a dealership that wouldn't turn a profit for................A DECADE +........I doubt we'd have much luck. Mr. Musk is lucky he made his billions before he got into the car business.

Now on his sales philosophy. He is putting his, or should I say, his stockholders, money up to create a sales location. This is NOT a franchise like GM, Ford, Chrysler and everybody else. Franchise owners put up brick and mortar, hired employees, bought inventory and put up with many ridiculous requirements from the factories for years sometime decades, 8 decades for my families dealership. So franchise laws were enacted to protect that investment, nothing more! If the manufacturer could come in and sell product it would put the dealers at a huge disadvantage.

To get a feel for this group I suggest you go back and read some prior threads. Lots of really smart guys here. I hope you hang around, The Forum has gotten quiet of late.

On a side note. How's Biz up in Canada?

Last edited by steve_biegler; 01-15-2021 at 07:31 AM.
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote