View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 03:42 PM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default A tale of two rental cars....

I had a chance to rent a couple of cars from Enterprise over the past few weeks and I thought it was interesting to compare each experience.

I rented a 2016 Hyundai Elantra GT in Chicago and I was thoroughly impressed with the car. I was told I was only the second or third person to rent the car and it had less than 700 miles on the odometer.

I was impressed the interior of the car - the switch gear and the cloth used on the seats seemed more "high end" than I would have expected in a Hyundai. The car ran fantastic and I was able to pair my Droid Maxx to the Bluetooth sound system in just a few minutes - it was so easy I didn't even have to read any instructions.

The second car I rented was a 2014 Kia Rio from an Enterprise Branch location in Phoenix. The car had 34,000+ miles and was a bit rough. The Enterprise Rep was very thorough but I was surprised at how much damage a car could have before they would list it on the rental agreement. Any scratch that could be covered by a Dollar Bill or a dent that was smaller than a golf ball didn't count. Also, any scratch that didn't reach the primer coat didn't count.

While I wasn't too surprised to see that the 2014 Rio didn't offer a Bluetooth enabled sound system I was amazed that it didn't offer cruise control. I bet I spent 10+ minutes looking for the cruise control switch-gear before I concluded the car was built without that option.

Frankly, I thought ALL new cars had cruise control these days - I would have lost money on that bet.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote