View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 10:57 AM   #7
conn02

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
I know, in some ways it seems crazy that if I were to choose to miss a couple of months of my credit card payment I'd be rewarded by FCA with an extra $1,250 rebate that I could use to buy a new Journey.

That said, I understand what FCA is trying to do and imagine the extra $1,250 is helping to sell Journeys to people who are buried in their trade and lack the amount of down payment/rebate needed to get their deal financed. If it were me the only difference I would make would be to treat the $1,250 as Dealer Cash so people like my father wouldn't resent the fact they don't qualify for a $1,250 rebate because they pay their bills.
The realization that that the subprime lenders are not treating the extra rebate as nothing but a lowering of their advance (not cash down, and certainly not anything to help the customer) their fees are still there and so it is still difficult to get those deals hung

Last edited by XDCX; 02-01-2018 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Added quote tag to make the post easier to read
conn02 is offline   Reply With Quote