View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 01:57 PM   #7
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR2 View Post
I know Alan Mulally owned a Lexus LS400/460 in the past and reportedly called it the best car he could buy. I thought for sure he would be very picky and extra sensitive about the engineering and quality of Lincoln products. Instead, he seems to be using the same playbook used by Iacocca, Eaton and Lutz when they were at Chrysler.
I give Mulally a lot of credit. I'll concede I was a skeptic when I first heard Mulally was leaving Boeing to run Ford and I really thought he'd fail due to his lack of industry experience.

While I'm sure he'll never state it publically, my bet is Mulally knew he had limited resources and all of Ford's efforts were directed toward saving the Ford brand. Mercury was killed off to save money and Lincoln was left floundering - waiting for resources once Ford was running strong again.

Now that the Ford Brand is doing well maybe Lincoln will be revived with the new products that are in the pipeline.

On a side note, Mulally's name is mentioned frequently in the Seattle press as being a likely replacement for Microsoft's CEO.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote