View Single Post
Old 08-18-2015, 11:30 AM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Do you get many complaints about Trip Routing on the Garmin GPS Systems?

I'll admit that I'm a bit of a Google "fan-boy" when it comes to using their products and services. While I used to own a portable Garmin GPS unit I stopped using it when I got my first Android phone and I've never looked back.

I've been reintroduced to the Garmin GPS thanks to the Navigation System that was installed as part of an option package on my Dad's 2014 Chrysler 300. I'll happily concede that I love the 8.4" center navigation screen and the smaller screen that displays upcoming turns in the center of the IP panel is also a very nice touch.

The Garmin System is easy to use and it has a good looking display - I can see why it gets good reviews.

My only issue with the Garmin System is that on occasion the trip routing is very odd. By very odd I mean that the trip routing uses numerous roads and highways that make the trip more complex without offering any savings in time or distance traveled.

On a couple of occasions I have been on a long Interstate trip and Garmin will instruct me to take an exit and then have me re-enter the highway on the following on-ramp.

Is it just me or do other customers voice complaints about Garmin's trip routing?
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote