View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 03:35 PM   #6
Lakeshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43+ View Post
Don't put all the blame on the parts manager.

We have a huge amount of obsolescent parts that are the fault of the service dept.

IE:
1: I ordered the part just in case I needed it.
2: That part didn't fix the problem and we need another part.
3: Service lane parts diagnosis that was wrong.

Our Service dept is a whole lot more INCOMPETENT that the Parts Dept.

Additionally:
1: All the over-the-counter screwballs that didn't pick their parts up. It was cheaper at the auto parts store.
2: Returning parts for BS reasons.... especially the wholesale customers and body shops.
3: Salespeople selling accessories that people really didn't want.

MANAGEMENT Not Listening to the "Writing on the Wall" they were given many years ago by the Parts Manager.

If you want to play the " BLAME GAME ", then put the blame into a correct perspective.

Everyone is to blame... not just just the Parts Manager.

Everyone else's POOP doesn't stink. Yea... it's easier just to blame the DUMB people in the Parts Dept.

I speak from my OWN experiences... I do not speak for all. I resent any BLAME put solely upon my head. I warned management at least 10 years ago of the problem and how to cure it. That's what happens when Management thought they knew better than I do.

43+
Sure the service dept. is to blame for some of it, and the goofy over the counter guys too, and a wholesale account or two. I've worked in every corner of a dealership so I have no problem giving you that. But who is to blame for the boxside that was ordered for the wrong side when the estimate clearly shows the correct side? Who is to blame for the Lucerne headliner that is the wrong color? Who is to blame for the multipack of rear bumpers that were ordered when we only needed one? And why didn't some of this stuff get returned when GM had a decent return program?

I mean no disrespect, but I hired a Parts Manager to control inventory(even says so in the job description he signed). And as far as I am concerned even if 50% isn't his fault, that's still a huge FAIL. Say what you will but it's my Parts Manager's job to control inventory and that did not happen. Passing the buck, playing the blame game, and saying it's not your fault just doesn't cut it for me. I take responsibility for my actions everyday, and expect my employees to do the same. ESPECIALLY when they are being paid to do so. I do blame myself for not monitoring the situation more closely, so I am taking some of the blame(for the job I paid someone to do).
Lakeshow is offline   Reply With Quote