View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 02:09 PM   #8
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57years View Post
We had annual car shows until Obama and his depression cast us aside. I think the car show gives dealership identification in a "metro" market. It separates the dealer from other dealerships, and gives prospects a "warm, fuzzy" feeling about the store. Also, many of the attendees were "gear heads" who were not from the immeadiate area, and would not have been on the property but for the show. I believe we had business from them, because now they knew "where we are" when we advertized.
Great comments.

I remember a Dodge Dealer in Portland (Timberline Dodge) that hosted a number of events for the Viper Club and it definitely helped his Service and Parts business. He often had his "Viper Tech" attend the events and the Viper owners really liked being able to talk to the person who would be working on their cars.

Sadly, Timberline Dodge was one of the 789....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57years View Post
As to the cars and trucks brought to the show, a polite 40 and over group. No problems, no arguements, happy whosoever won the trophys. They even cleaned up their own cigarette butts and general trash! Even though there were portalets, We opened the dealership restrooms to them, and nothing out of the ordinary in cleanup there either.

In my opinion, due to the fact I have a large facility for parking; the crowd did not scare off business. I did not have service or parts open, and those areas were closed to the public and monitored.
That's great - I like the fact that the people who attended were respectful of your facility and your business wasn't impacted in a negative way by hosting the event.

I recall a Dodge Dealer in Southern California who was hosting a SRT-4 gathering at his store on the second Saturday of each month. It didn't take long before the monthly event grew too large and people started complaining that the dealership wasn't allocation enough space for people who wanted to attend the SRT-4 gathering.

It didn't take long before the Dealer finally decided to stop the events so his staff could focus their time on selling cars.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote