View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 01:51 PM   #6
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR2 View Post
A very childish thing, but it instantly opened my eyes to what was going on with Chrysler at the time. There was nothing of real performance outside of fwd Daytonas, fwd Spirit R/Ts, and the Japanese-made Stealth. I felt pretty bad for the Mopar faithful and dealerships at the time.
I remember those days too. The Chrysler faithful didn't have any real performance cars in the showroom and the few fast cars they did have came from Mitsubishi. (The Dodge Stealth and Eagle Talon.)

I do comment Bob Lutz for developing the Dodge Spirit R/T - it may not have been the most stylish vehicle but I remember it could hang with the 5.0 Liter Mustangs of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR2 View Post
The event at Sands Chevrolet sounds very impressive. I would love to experience something like that. I don't know of any event or anything even close to this size around here.
I think Sands Chevrolet is the dealership facility that all OEMs dream of. It's modern, it's huge, it's nicely appointed and it's located in a new Auto Mall.

While I was really impressed with Sand's facility, I'm not sure I'd want to face that rent-factor each month.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote