View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 09:15 PM   #5
AR2

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
For as much as Dearborn has done right (and that's a long list) their efforts/results with the Lincoln brand are probably their biggest failure.
This sentence perfectly summarizes my disappointment with Ford Motor Company and Lincoln.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
I agree that the cadence of new products for Lincoln has been too slow, the products themselves have been somewhat underwhelming and the advertising (especially the commercials featuring Abraham Lincoln) have been ineffective.[/I]
What bothers me is that Lincoln has a team of 80 employees directed to design and market only Lincolns. That is what their only focus is supposed to be. So far, I am not impressed. Neither am I all that impressed with lead designer Max Wolff (from Cadillac) and marketer Jim Farley (from Lexus) so far. I know Alan Mulally owned a Lexus LS400/460 in the past and reportedly called it the best car he could buy. I thought for sure he would be very picky and extra sensitive about the engineering and quality of Lincoln products. Instead, he seems to be using the same playbook used by Iacocca, Eaton and Lutz when they were at Chrysler.
AR2 is offline   Reply With Quote