View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 06:54 PM   #8
jules4jeeps

I couldn't agree more w/ the perception message CL Pgh & XDCX...the first ominous signs I saw were last July when the giant idiots in detroit announced loud and clear to the world "No More Leasing"...why did they have to broadcast it? Just quietly adjust residuals and money factors and we would've gotten the message, and would have worked and made deals accordingly. If you give a Grand Cher a 22% residual value and a .00700 money factor, we'd know what was up, but to shout it from the highest mountain was stupidity! But instead they just reinforced the notion that there is no future value to the product..."mr. csutomer, we're terrified of the product and you should be too!"

I am so tired of pulling crap out of my ass when customers say "so whats gonna happen to Chrysler" ... the direction and alliance from the mothership has been pitiful. I basically tell customers, "Jeep is too valuable, Chrysler may go down, but companies will line up to buy the Jeep brand just as it is, and I plan to be doing F&I for Jeeps for a long time, so fear not Mr Customer." Fortunately we mostly sell Jeeps, and I honestly do believe that to be true. In fact, an ad campaign that gracefully touts the Iacocca ideals and ethics would do more than the blaring "make your best deal ever at your local Chrysler dealer!!!" nonsense that dominates the airwaves...
jules4jeeps is offline   Reply With Quote