View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 02:30 PM   #3
XDCX
Administrator

Thanks for the information.

In the case of my father's 300C, all you have to do is let the tank fill to the first click and you're doomed. It's not an issue of "topping off the tank" it's simply letting the tank fill until the pump shuts off.

If the tank is filled to the first click there's almost a 100% chance the engine will exhibit the stalling condition.

One correction, however, I later remembered that my father's 300C is a 2005 model year, not a 2006. Hopefully NHTSA is looking in to both years.

On a different note, I read on one forum that a "shade-tree" repair for this condition is to install a fuel filter in the line that leads from the evaporative canister to the throttle body. The concept is the fuel filter prevents raw fuel from going to the throttle body and the cardboard element gives the fuel a chance to atomize where it has a better chance of being burned by the engine without stalling.

If Chrysler is required to fix this condition I wonder if they'll engineer a low cost alternative to replacing the fuel tank?
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote