View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 04:21 PM   #5
Snowrider

I'm gonna' bump this thread again to today since I have a Nissan franchise.

Nissan's Titan was quite seriously one of the poorest thought out trucks to hit the streets. I had Titan's, Rams and Tundra's all in the same showroom and on the same lot. The Titan paled in comparison to the other two and they were sold off at net net plus a free chicken sandwich just to get them out of our hair. It rattled, rode rough and had the poorest thought out dashboard and switch placement I'd seen since the AMC Pacer.

If Chrysler had gone ahead and made the Titan it would have competed against the Ram which, as we all know, is the bread and butter truck for Chrysler. If they were hoping for a Versa clone (Hornet) in trade, they might not have done much better than Nissan is today.

The Versa is a decent little car with average features that doesn't set it apart from any other mini-buggy offering, (Honda Fit, Toyota Yaris). I commented the other day that the car doesn't need doors, it needs a zipper and you can wear it. I've never slid into a coat with a steering wheel, but that's the impression that car gives me.

Fast forward.....now we have FIAT sniffing around the door sill looking for a way in. This will be interesting to see play out. As discussed in another thread, who will the "select" C/D/J dealers be that will get FIAT and what will be the criteria?

Will the Alfa Romeo badge be included with the FIAT offerings?
Snowrider is offline   Reply With Quote