View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 10:52 AM   #13
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondo View Post
Mixed feelings on the CLA. Firstly, it makes my C250 feel like an S class in comparison (much more classic Mercedes feel). The CLA is definitely a little more rigid, and people have complained about rattling cup holders, etc. The 4matic version definitely rides more solid, and I'm sure the factory worked out a few bugs along the way.

BUT, the car looks unlike anything else on the road, and they've been selling at basically MSRP, or very close to it. The cool thing about it is that is has equal-length half shafts, so torque steer is pretty much non-existent. And with a DCT, it can actually be a fun car to drive, and it has 260 lb-ft of torque, so it moves pretty good.

My favorite is the CLA45 AMG, of course. AWD, DCT, and 355 HP from a 2.0L 4-banger pushing 26 pounds of boost. Now that's the business.
Thanks for the information - I really like the styling of the CLA and definitely see quite a few of them on the road.

Concerning the CLA, is there any backlash from potential customers because the vehicle is front wheel drive?
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote