View Single Post
Old 01-18-2016, 12:15 PM   #17
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryan55 View Post
I took Uber to and from an Indiana Pacers game tonight in the event I had a few too many adult beverages. Which obviously I didn't since I am now posting on DealershipForum...

One thing I noticed was that both drivers I had today were in their first week driving for Uber. It's not unlike other pyramid type sales organizations where there are always new people being recruited who haven't yet realized that it isn't worth it to put their wear and tear on their car for relatively meager returns.

Just to give you an idea, my 30 mile ride to the city cost only $31.67 before Uber takes their share, and my return trip back to the sticks cost $29.32 for the same distance.

Even in the best case, I don't see how the math adds up for the drivers.

I guess that why new blood is always being recruited.
That's really interesting - especially the part that both drivers were new to the Uber program. Maybe Uber's business plan is no different than the type of New Car Sales Manager who intentionally hires too many salespeople?

Concerning the fare, that actually seems pretty reasonable when you figure you save money on gas and parking. You also don't have the hassle of driving in stop and go traffic.

Concerning the pick-up after a big event, how can you tell which Uber driver is waiting to pick you up if it's dark and cars tend to look the same? (The assumption is there are many Uber customers and drivers all showing up to the same location at the same time.)
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote