View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 12:19 PM   #6
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_biegler View Post
Love the line about cabin noise, as an old Jeep guy I can relate.
I love my TJ but there's no question you have to accept a few trade-offs if you're going to drive a Wrangler on a regular basis and excessive cabin noise is one of those trade-offs. In fact, I smile when I read about states that enact laws prohibiting cell phone use while driving - I've never been able to make or receive a call while driving my TJ - it's too loud to hear anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_biegler View Post
Did he try to miss you on the right or was he just paying more attention to his phone and drifting to the right?
He was a nice kid and was very composed and apologetic. He explained that there was a vehicle that was tailgating him and he was so concerned about what was happening in his rear view mirror that he lost track of what was happening in front of him.

At the very last moment just before the collision he was trying to move to the right and that explains most of the damage. The rear bumper support on the 300m was also bent to the right and I think that deflected his vehicle and explains part of the damage.

One cool thing about the design of the 2011 Toyota Tacoma was the actual structural support for the front bumper is placed relatively low on the vehicle and lined up perfectly with the rear bumper support of the 300m. I'm sure this must be a Federal regulation and in this case the design worked well to minimize the damage to both vehicles.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote