View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 05:47 PM   #2
AR2

I remember attending a car show at a St. Louis Chrysler dealer back in the early 90s. It was a MoPar event that showed the old with the new. There were Roadrunners sitting next to Daytonas and Challengers next to Stealths. It was a quaint little show. The biggest thing I remember, though, was a guy in an early 90s Camaro IROC-Z stopping along the highway and talking smack to the Mopar fans. He then proceeded to rev the engine and peel out onto the highway. A very childish thing, but it instantly opened my eyes to what was going on with Chrysler at the time. There was nothing of real performance outside of fwd Daytonas, fwd Spirit R/Ts, and the Japanese-made Stealth. I felt pretty bad for the Mopar faithful and dealerships at the time.

Did the car show help the dealer? Possibly, but I know this dealer is no longer at that location today. I can't remember if it went belly up or moved to a different location with a different owner.

The event at Sands Chevrolet sounds very impressive. I would love to experience something like that. I don't know of any event or anything even close to this size around here.
AR2 is offline   Reply With Quote