View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 10:56 AM   #33
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by adastra View Post
Only an 8 hour drive for me to get to a market that isn't as nuts. Leaving at 4 AM tomorrow.

Just went over the record today. Combined a total of 33 retail units sold. ONLY because I could get the inventory. I'll ride the wave as long as I can, certainly not expecting a pattern, but hoping. A good month for us is 20. Someone working at the Volvo store told me I've sold more than them new and used combined this month, and they have at least 10x the inventory.
Congratulations on your record month.

Hopefully your willingness to work hard and buy cars from outside of your market will continue to pay off.

Concerning the comment about the Volvo store, that's very interesting. I can't imagine the store can be profitable if they're only selling about 30 new/used per month but have the overhead associated with a store that carries 300+ vehicles in inventory.

While I know I could easily look it up with Google, off the top of my head I can't even remember who owns Volvo now. I know Ford sold Volvo off just before the Great Recession and I think it was to a somewhat obscure company from China. (I remember Ford sold Jaguar and Land Rover to Tata from India, but I don't think Tata bought Volvo.)
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote