View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013, 10:44 AM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default GM unveils 2015 Colorado Mid-size Pickup - Diesel in 2016

General Motors unveiled their 2015 Chevrolet Colorado in Los Angeles and detailed their strategy for the new pickup. While many headlines touted the availability of a diesel engine, the diesel engine will not be available in 2015 - buyers will have to wait for the 2016 models.

Here's a link to a report by USA Today which provides photographs and more information - click here

The USA Today article points out that all of the Detroit 3 once had a mid-size pickup and all of them have since been discontinued. While GM is convinced there's a market for the mid-size truck Ford is adamant that the market is no longer viable because buyers want full size trucks instead.

GM appears to have targeted the Toyota Tacoma based on specifications and pricing - that's a logical choice given that the Tacoma controls about two-thirds of the mid-size truck market.

My first impressions of the new Colorado are favorable and I think GM will do OK with the truck. That said, I remain convinced there's a huge untapped market for a low priced small-size pickup like the first generation Toyota, Nissan and Mitsubishi (Ram 50) trucks.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote