View Single Post
Old 10-10-2020, 08:07 PM   #2
AR2

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_biegler View Post
Good Morning everyone.

I just talked to a dealer friend and he said FCA is requiring a 8000 square foot stand alone showroom for Jeep to get the new "Wagoneer". He also told me that the new Wagoneer is not a Jeep! There is not one Jeep badge on it anywhere! We all know that this is just a way around the franchise system. I saw some pictures on a facebook post yesterday and I couldn't see a Jeep badge on it. I trust my source 100 percent. What the hell is wrong with this company?????
I'm not surprised at all. The new Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer are supposed to be premium, medium to large, truck-based SUVs designed to compete against the Chevy Tahoe/GMC Yukon all the way to the Cadillac Escalade, Lincoln Navigator, BMW X7, Mercedes GLS Class, Audi Q7/Q8, and Land Rover models. Supposedly, the price will range from $60,000 to $100,000.

So, you can see why FCA wants a new showroom for Jeep and the Wagoneer. The customer base will be entirely different than the normal Ram, Dodge, Chrysler customer (i.e. $$$$$).

Everybody has to understand that this is no longer Chrysler Corp., nor is it an American company any more. With Fiat ownership and soon to include French ownership (with PSA), this is nothing more than a European company that wants to squeeze as many dollars as it can from its American "colonies". Thus, almost everything in the FCA (soon to be Stellantis) arsenal that is worth anything is high dollar. Where are the mainstream models for first time buyers or the medium income family? It is all about profit, more profit, and even higher profit. That is what the Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer are all about.

This is something Sergio wanted several years back, but it kept getting delayed. Will it be a huge success or will it be another Sergio folly? I guess we'll find out.
AR2 is offline   Reply With Quote