View Single Post
Old 03-22-2015, 08:49 AM   #9
mryan55

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
I have mixed thoughts on the whole Project 2000/Project Alpha initiative.

Intellectually, the concept makes sense. Having all of the brands under one roof theoretically increases throughput which increases dealer profits which allows Chrysler to better compete in the market - e.g. better facilities, better people, better training, better advertising, etc.

Additionally, the concept is easy to sell since brands like Chevrolet, Ford and Toyota all do well by selling every segment of vehicle under one roof.

In actuality, however, most of the consolidations I've witnessed over the years resulted in Chrysler giving up market share. It wasn't a situation where 1 + 1 = 3, it was more of a 1 + 1 = 1.75.

In my opinion the Chrysler Dealer Network was optimized when they had full-line CJDR dealers in the rural markets with CJ and DR standalones in the metro markets.

Granted, it's water under the bridge, I just thought it was amusing that some pundits think Project Alpha is a contributing factor to Chrysler's poor customer service scores. As the old adage goes, "Be careful what you wish for..."
I can't think of too many markets where the Alpha store does what the three separate stores did combined in 2009 and earlier.

I thought I saved more pre-BK sales results Excel files for the Great Lakes Business Center, but evidently I didn't or I can't find them...

If I ever find them, I'll do a comparison!
mryan55 is offline   Reply With Quote