View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 02:22 PM   #17
DealerEx

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
I thought of this thread when I was watching a new episode of Top Gear the other day.

Top Gear was testing three different full-size trucks and the 2013 Ram 1500 had the RamBox feature. I'm sure Chrysler provided a truck with the RamBox option to increase the awareness of this option but the hosts of the show mostly panned the feature because the RamBox is somewhat small and it reduces the space available in the bed of the truck.

What amazes me the most is this thread is almost three years old and RamBox still hasn't taken off in the market. Will Auburn Hills ever get the pricing/marketing of the RamBox correct or is the RamBox doomed for failure?
I just looked at one on a trade...2012 model...first one I've seen up close. It's pretty cool, but it does shrink the bed size considerably. As for how many are sold, it must not be very many. I went to Manheim's market data, and there were none ( ZERO) that went through any Manheim auction nationwide in last 3 months. The only transactions that showed up in the historical data was 3 units that sold in May...I would guess it was probably 3 units that came in off the same lease from some fleet. The guy that brought it in to me, said the only reason he bought it, was because he's short and can't reach over the side to get into a regular toolbox.
DealerEx is offline   Reply With Quote