View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 10:13 PM   #5
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by birch3x View Post
Their model lineup offers something for everyone, they're good vehicles, and brand loyalty is good as well.
I agree. With the possible exception of their full-size trucks I think Nissan has an attractive line-up of vehicles that are very competitive in the marketplace.

I also sense that Nissan is receptive to dealer input - it's my understanding the reason Penske's deal to take over Saturn from GM died was due to the opposition the deal received from Nissan's Dealer Council. (Penske was going to source future Saturns from a Nissan subsidiary and the Nissan dealers didn't want the competition so Nissan walked away from the deal and left Penske hanging.)

On a side note, I still think a Chrysler/Nissan deal would have made more sense than a Chrysler/Fiat deal but there's no need to rehash that debate - it's all water under the bridge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70rr View Post
"BOYLAND NISSAN, THEIR BROKER THAN YOU THINK!"
I'm not sure I follow your point. If Boyland Nissan is part of Dorian's Auto Group I doubt they have any financial issues. Dorian's Auto Group is still listed in the Automotive News Top 100 Dealer List.

Maybe he just wants to cut loose an under-performing store?
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote