DealershipForum.com

DealershipForum.com (http://www.dealershipforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Finance (http://www.dealershipforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   ADP or R&R vs AUTOMATE (http://www.dealershipforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2079)

birch3x 06-17-2010 09:40 AM

ADP or R&R vs AUTOMATE

We're comparing DMS providers. It's been ADP for 20 years, and some of our employees have also had R&R experience. We had a rep here from Auto/Mate with a very good presentation for all departments. Obvious differences are Windows-based operations, easy navigation, etc. Also a substantial cost savings. Is anyone using Auto/Mate yet?

79LilRedExpress 06-17-2010 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birch3x (Post 18239)
We're comparing DMS providers. It's been ADP for 20 years, and some of our employees have also had R&R experience. We had a rep here from Auto/Mate with a very good presentation for all departments. Obvious differences are Windows-based operations, easy navigation, etc. Also a substantial cost savings. Is anyone using Auto/Mate yet?

I highly recommend AUTOSOFT.
Very much like Automate for a lot less money and the service is fantastic.
Send me a PM and I will forward the owners name and number or give him your info. and have him contact you.

LJS 06-17-2010 10:47 AM

We got Autosoft two years ago and like it well. It is a great value for the money.

ohiobuckeyes 06-17-2010 10:49 AM

What every you do STAY away from R&R which is currently at my workplace. Seems anytime a Sales Rep comes to visit is to sell us something. If nothing else did you think about Dealertrack DMS, their website states it can SAVE 50% off the cost of your DMS.

At the last GM Dealership I was at we used AUTOSOFT and I Loved it! It's windows based very user friendly. It has a lot of great tools that the big guns do not have.

ohiobuckeyes 11-23-2010 06:20 PM

Follow Up

Quote:

Originally Posted by birch3x (Post 18239)

So which DMS did your dealership choose and how is everything working out?

birch3x 11-24-2010 06:06 AM

We've got a contract with ADP until late next year. In planning ahead it looks good for Automate. ADP's new idea is total integration of DMS, CRM, Internet, and phone. That seems a bit captive to me. From what I've learned about switching DMS providers it needs to be planned at least several months ahead to be a smooth transition.

chryslersrt8 11-24-2010 06:41 AM

I also recommend Autosoft. Excellent product, extremely affordable, and most importantly, great customer support both locally and from corporate hq.

bambam93 11-24-2010 06:48 AM

We had Auto/mate. Loved it. Very simple to use. Good reports. Great customer support. Plus the low cost and no contract was excellent.

jayhawk 11-24-2010 09:16 AM

auto soft since '99. replaced adp. best decision we've ever made. monthlies never increase, no pressure, great support.

steve_biegler 11-24-2010 09:28 AM

We had Auto Soft. Great product. Great people. We were the second in the state of South Dakota to get it in the late 90's, now I think they have close to 80% of the dealers in the state.

srt 11-24-2010 09:56 AM

auto mate

I was one of the first with Auto Mate and still use them. I don't know about Auto Soft but I certainly can endorse Auto Mate.

jeepdealer 11-24-2010 10:10 AM

We chose Auto/Mate after 20+ years of Reynolds. Installation, training and ongoing service are very good. Not as many options as Reynolds but substantially less expensive and month to month contract. Our personnel adapted to it much better/quicker than I anticipated. Also, compatible with all manufacturers unlike some of the other tier 3's. We also liked Arkona (Dealertrack).

jadog1 11-24-2010 10:45 AM

AutoMate here for several years money factor is big very easy to use !

birch3x 11-24-2010 11:34 AM

Very interesting responses. I think I'm seeing a trend away from ADP and R&R, and I'm wondering if it's because of pricing, then I wonder if it's that Auto/Mate and Autosoft, and others are windows based, and integrate with the manufacturers. Or 'all of the above'.

ohiobuckeyes 11-24-2010 12:26 PM

@ birch3x - That is great to hear! Can not wait to here your thoughs during and after your switch.