DealershipForum.com

DealershipForum.com (http://www.dealershipforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.dealershipforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Hello and Thanks for this site XDCX (http://www.dealershipforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2387)

gmnomo 11-29-2010 04:44 PM

Hello and Thanks for this site XDCX

"Oldjeep" referred me to this site today. I wasn't aware of its existance until now. My Dealership began here in 1953 in the rural south with Chevy. Nash and Hudson previous years in a further southern point. Now, after GM and the Government finished with me, all that is left is ISUZU Commercial Trucks. I am a 3rd Generation Auto Enthusiast too young to quit and too old to fight. I fully agree that Change is inevitable. :rolley:

SHACOS 11-29-2010 05:26 PM

Welcome! I'm sure you'll find this forum as useful and engaging as I have over the years.

79LilRedExpress 11-29-2010 05:31 PM

Welcome

Welcome to the Forum... Oldjeep and I are close friends.

Txflyer 11-29-2010 05:58 PM

Welcome. Nice to have another fellow Government Motors castaway amongst us (I was starting to feel lonely).

ohiobuckeyes 11-29-2010 06:08 PM

Welcome "gmnomo" like the name :)

@Txflyer All of us Castaways are starting to feel lonely.

The StraightShooter 11-29-2010 06:14 PM

Welcome to the forum. Many of us are unwilling members of Team Shared Sacrifice. We pride ourselves on sharing the unvarnished truth.

XDCX 11-29-2010 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmnomo (Post 22130)
"Oldjeep" referred me to this site today. I wasn't aware of its existance until now. My Dealership began here in 1953 in the rural south with Chevy. Nash and Hudson previous years in a further southern point. Now, after GM and the Government finished with me, all that is left is ISUZU Commercial Trucks. I am a 3rd Generation Auto Enthusiast too young to quit and too old to fight. I fully agree that Change is inevitable. :rolley:

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

Since you're a friend of oldjeep I'll upgrade your account for immediate access to AREA 51. Oldjeep was one of our core members - if you're a friend of his you're a friend of the forums.

p.s. - I love your User Name too. :)

lsx only 11-30-2010 08:57 AM

welcome to the forum

gmnomo 11-30-2010 12:00 PM

Hello and Thanks for the Welcoming

I have limited knowledge of the technologies in the world of Internet, so I begg for apathy and patience in this matter. I hope and trust that each of you and your family members are learning to weather this storm. I feel that we will be in this turmoil for many, many years to come.

XDCX 11-30-2010 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmnomo (Post 22153)
I have limited knowledge of the technologies in the world of Internet, so I begg for apathy and patience in this matter. I hope and trust that each of you and your family members are learning to weather this storm. I feel that we will be in this turmoil for many, many years to come.

It's great to have you here. :)

No worries about your knowledge of the Internet - the forum is pretty simple to figure out and if you have any questions there's a great group of people here who can provide assistance.

Concerning the economic storm, sadly some of our members haven't survived and others just got tired of fighting. For those who have continued on the forum's been a good source of information and ideas.

Concerning the future, I get the impression the worst part of the storm is behind us but I don't think there's any huge recovery on the horizon. It seems the OEMs have figured out they can make money at this volume level and it doesn't seem like anyone's fighting too hard for market share. I feel sorry for the dealers who built facilities assuming 100+ new cars per month and now have to figure out how to survive selling 40. :(

Lakeshow 11-30-2010 08:20 PM

Welcome gmnomo, love the name too.

XDCX, any chance us GM guys could have a private forum, viewable only to those members. Would be interesting to compare stories...

G8Girl 12-01-2010 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Txflyer (Post 22135)
Welcome. Nice to have another fellow Government Motors castaway amongst us (I was starting to feel lonely).

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohiobuckeyes (Post 22136)
Welcome "gmnomo" like the name :)

@Txflyer All of us Castaways are starting to feel lonely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The StraightShooter (Post 22137)
Welcome to the forum. Many of us are unwilling members of Team Shared Sacrifice. We pride ourselves on sharing the unvarnished truth.

I agree with the above statements & all other posts. Definitely glad to have you here & look forward to your insights. Oh, and also love your name :)

57years 12-02-2010 06:48 AM

There are more Obama Depression - Government Motors' castaways out here than you may think. I faithfully read all that is said and keep reaching out for another new vehicle franchise for my $4.5 million building. You guys just keep the chatter, and (other than football), I'll absorb the wisdom. Someday soon, I'll come in from the wilderness and rejoin the chosen!

I hope more fellow travellers like GMNOMO come along for the ride.

XDCX 12-06-2010 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakeshow (Post 22170)
XDCX, any chance us GM guys could have a private forum, viewable only to those members. Would be interesting to compare stories...

So, no one ever showed you the secret entrance? :parnoid:

Once you have access to AREA 51 there's a separate section for all the OEMs. In fairness, with the exception of Chrysler, most of the sections have been very quiet.

I'll send you a PM and we'll get you set up so you have access to AREA 51.

Lakeshow 12-07-2010 01:08 PM

Thanks XDCX!