DealershipForum.com

DealershipForum.com (http://www.dealershipforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Automotive Discussions (http://www.dealershipforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Nissan exercises its ROFR again (http://www.dealershipforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4182)

Moshe @ Performance Brokerage Services 01-16-2017 01:45 PM

Nissan exercises its ROFR again

We have recently closed on the sale of Hooman Nissan dealership in Signal Hill, CA.

The dealership was a Global 50 dealership !

The seller was Mr. Hooman Nissani.

Here again, Nissan exercised its Right of First Refusal and assigned the contract to Mr. Matt Stinson of Round Tree Automotive Group, based in Dallas, Texas.

Our best wishes go to Mr. Matt Stinson.

Moshe Stopnitzky, President
Performance Brokerage Services, Inc.
A New Car Dealership Brokers Firm
www.performancebrokerageservices.com

steve_biegler 01-16-2017 02:35 PM

So someone else wanted it and negotiated a price but Nissan gave it to Stinson? Am I correct?

Moshe @ Performance Brokerage Services 01-16-2017 02:48 PM

Yes, that is what happened. The APA was presented to Nissan for approval with another buyer. Nissan exercised its right of first refusal and assigned the contract to Mr. Stinson.

steve_biegler 01-17-2017 08:02 AM

I guess I think that's just wrong. If the person that was taken out of the deal by the ROFR did all the negotiation and due diligence to put the deal together and walks away empty, that in my opinion is wrong, very wrong! Now if he wasn't credit worthy or there was another legitimate reason that is a different story.

57years 01-17-2017 01:04 PM

Congrats to Moshe on all these happy endings and optimistic beginnings.

I agree with SB as to ROFR.

XDCX 08-10-2017 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moshe @ Performance Brokerage Services (Post 38410)
We have recently closed on the sale of Hooman Nissan dealership in Signal Hill, CA.

The dealership was a Global 50 dealership !

The seller was Mr. Hooman Nissani.

Here again, Nissan exercised its Right of First Refusal and assigned the contract to Mr. Matt Stinson of Round Tree Automotive Group, based in Dallas, Texas.

Our best wishes go to Mr. Matt Stinson.

Moshe Stopnitzky, President
Performance Brokerage Services, Inc.
A New Car Dealership Brokers Firm
www.performancebrokerageservices.com

Moshe,

Congratulations on another successful transaction for Performance Brokerage Services.

It was interesting to read that Nissan had exercised their ROFR but I still extend my wishes of much success to Mr. Stinson on his new venture.

XDCX 08-10-2017 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve_biegler (Post 38424)
I guess I think that's just wrong. If the person that was taken out of the deal by the ROFR did all the negotiation and due diligence to put the deal together and walks away empty, that in my opinion is wrong, very wrong! Now if he wasn't credit worthy or there was another legitimate reason that is a different story.

I share your thoughts.

While I'm no expert I know some of the Buy/Sells that are initiated between Wall Street type companies include a "break-up fee" that is payable if a third party enters the transaction and ends up as the buyer or the deal ultimately falls apart.

That said, I think the "break-up fee" is typically payable to the company that's potentially being acquired and not the company that initiates the potential purchase.

57years 08-15-2017 06:37 AM

That break up fee would have to be a "clause gifted to the dealer body" from Manufacturer. I have very much difficulty believing the manufacturers are that generous to their dealers these days. Before Obama took me out, I KNOW they would not have done that.