DealershipForum.com

DealershipForum.com (http://www.dealershipforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Automotive Discussions (http://www.dealershipforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   goodbye to an old friend RIP (http://www.dealershipforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4242)

79LilRedExpress 01-19-2018 01:07 PM

goodbye to an old friend RIP

I am sorry to share that, "OLD JEEP" a good friend of the Forum and a personal friend of mine passed away yesterday after a long hard fought battle with cancer. He will be dearly missed. <<RIP>>

57years 01-19-2018 02:06 PM

Thank You for letting us know. I found his comments well thought out. I wondered where he was.

In heaven!

steve_biegler 01-19-2018 02:24 PM

So sorry to hear. Less and less of us around. Makes me sad.

XDCX 01-20-2018 03:40 PM

Wow, that is sad news. :(

I remember Old Jeep was heavily involved in helping his fellow 789 OLDCO Dealers and as I recall he had his own website with resources dedicated to helping the OLDCO dealers.

I wonder how many of the 789 will sadly just die off before they ever see any form of justice for what was taken away from them?

steve_biegler 01-24-2018 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XDCX (Post 38753)
Wow, that is sad news. :(

I remember Old Jeep was heavily involved in helping his fellow 789 OLDCO Dealers and as I recall he had his own website with resources dedicated to helping the OLDCO dealers.

I wonder how many of the 789 will sadly just die off before they ever see any form of justice for what was taken away from them?

Great to see you back.

To answer your question, I doubt any justice will ever come about. Shortly it will be a decade since that fateful day. Most have forgotten about it unless you were directly effected. I have heard that there have been a few depositions of some involved, no details and I understand that, but this has just moved to slow.

XDCX 01-28-2018 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve_biegler (Post 38762)
Great to see you back.

To answer your question, I doubt any justice will ever come about. Shortly it will be a decade since that fateful day. Most have forgotten about it unless you were directly effected. I have heard that there have been a few depositions of some involved, no details and I understand that, but this has just moved to slow.

Thanks for the update.

I agree that the legal process for the OLDCO Dealers has moved too slow - it brings to mind the old adage "Justice delayed is justice denied."

While I never met Old Jeep I got the impression he was a hard working entrepreneur who garnered a large portion of his identity from his business. I'm guessing that he didn't just own a Jeep Dealership, it largely defined who he was and when it was taken away because Chrysler failed as a company and had to go bankrupt it must have been difficult to comprehend.

Concerning the short attention spans of the American consumer, I wonder if that's unique to our Western culture or whether other societies throughout the world have the same trait?

possum 02-08-2018 02:45 PM

Wow, another gone. The old ones are slowly going away, still with no justice coming.

The StraightShooter 02-18-2018 12:20 AM

His jeep store was the oldest franchise in the country. Bo was a stand up guy