DealershipForum.com

DealershipForum.com (http://www.dealershipforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.dealershipforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Anyone want to move to South Dakota? (http://www.dealershipforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4159)

steve_biegler 12-17-2016 06:33 AM

Anyone want to move to South Dakota?

We are supposed to hit -32 degrees tonight with wind chill of -55. :eek: God I love this state! :cool:

57years 12-17-2016 08:09 AM

I bet you are Ice Fishing on Sunday, in a little house. Something tells me, you do not have a "homeless" problem there.

I am basking in sleet to 50 degrees in 4hours.

Is it any wonder sinus problems are big here?

steve_biegler 12-17-2016 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 57years (Post 38277)
I bet you are Ice Fishing on Sunday, in a little house. Something tells me, you do not have a "homeless" problem there.

I am basking in sleet to 50 degrees in 4hours.

Is it any wonder sinus problems are big here?

Don't Ice Fish......My wife lets me drink beer at home! I personally think those people are nuts.

And NO we don't have many homeless, they freeze to the sidewalk.

Haven't seen a mosquito in weeks.

steve_biegler 12-19-2016 06:08 AM

We hit -37 with a wind chill of -58. Coldest place in the lower 48! Woo Hoo!

57years 12-19-2016 07:14 AM

I now see why GM and Ford would transfer their personnel to Fargo, ND when they were "not preaching the company message"!

How do you get a farm tractor started up there? I am heading out right now to try and start my Deere which I had to "jump" yesterday in 25 degrees....

XDCX 12-19-2016 09:57 AM

I don't know how you do it...

The low temperature in the Phoenix area is going to drop to 39 in the days ahead and people bundle up like they're getting ready for a blizzard. :rolleyes:

57years 12-20-2016 04:06 AM

Was it Greely who said "There's gold in them thaire hills...."

And Zsa Zsa Gabor who said "Good-by city life...."

and biegler who said "WOO HOO"!

steve_biegler 12-21-2016 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 57years (Post 38280)
I now see why GM and Ford would transfer their personnel to Fargo, ND when they were "not preaching the company message"!

How do you get a farm tractor started up there? I am heading out right now to try and start my Deere which I had to "jump" yesterday in 25 degrees....

Funny about the reps. I'm sure we are the "Siberia" of the car business!

Change the oil to a lighter weight or build a $300,000.00 shed to put them in. The shed is what the farmers up here do!

steve_biegler 12-21-2016 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XDCX (Post 38287)
I don't know how you do it...

Its a badge of honor...................or was it stupidity? I forget. :D

57years 12-22-2016 02:33 PM

I think I will sell the farm.

I see where temps for the day after Christmas are a high of 62 degrees, and a little rain for all the new bicyclers to learn with their training wheels.

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah!

XDCX 12-27-2016 09:26 AM

Do many people wear heated jackets?

I was doing some Christmas shopping for myself and spent a fair amount of time checking out various Milwaukee tools trying to figure out if there was anything that I needed.

One of the items I came across that I thought was pretty cool was a heated jacket with hand warmers from Milwaukee that used their M12 batteries. Given that the weather in Phoenix isn't very cold I didn't have a need for the jacket but to the extent I hate being cold I'd definitely buy one if I still lived in the Pacific Northwest.

Do many people who live in South Dakota wear heated jackets and if so is one brand more popular than the others?

tnpartsguy 01-02-2017 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XDCX (Post 38323)
I was doing some Christmas shopping for myself and spent a fair amount of time checking out various Milwaukee tools trying to figure out if there was anything that I needed.

One of the items I came across that I thought was pretty cool was a heated jacket with hand warmers from Milwaukee that used their M12 batteries. Given that the weather in Phoenix isn't very cold I didn't have a need for the jacket but to the extent I hate being cold I'd definitely buy one if I still lived in the Pacific Northwest.

Do many people who live in South Dakota wear heated jackets and if so is one brand more popular than the others?

One of the service advisors has one of those Jackets (Home Depot carries them) and she swears by it. (She's tiny and freezes in the summer if the AC is on)

XDCX 01-03-2017 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tnpartsguy (Post 38343)
One of the service advisors has one of those Jackets (Home Depot carries them) and she swears by it. (She's tiny and freezes in the summer if the AC is on)

Thanks for the info.

The video I watched on YouTube made the heated jacket look pretty compelling. I liked the idea that if you already had Milwaukee tools you'd have ready access to batteries and battery chargers.

The jacket that I saw on YouTube not only had separate controls for heating for the jacket and the hand warmers it also had a separate cord that could use the Milwaukee battery to charge a smartphone while the smartphone was in the pocket of the jacket. Seemed pretty cool to me...

steve_biegler 01-05-2017 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XDCX (Post 38323)

I guess I have never seen them or anyone use them up here. I guess we are just use to putting lots of layers on. It's not a bad idea though.

XDCX 01-10-2017 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve_biegler (Post 38361)
I guess I have never seen them or anyone use them up here. I guess we are just use to putting lots of layers on. It's not a bad idea though.

Interesting - I would have lost money on that bet but then again I've been know to lose money on a lot of my bets.... :rolleyes:

Who knows, maybe heated jackets can become a new profit center for you. :santamrs: