DealershipForum.com

DealershipForum.com (http://www.dealershipforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sales (http://www.dealershipforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   GM latest closure list. (http://www.dealershipforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3090)

steve_biegler 07-23-2012 08:21 AM

GM latest closure list.
 
http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dl...issing-targets

Well here we go again......another "LIST" of dealers that the factory deems that haven't done the job.:mad: I understand that there were numbers agreed upon but I wonder if the allocation was correct and sounds like many of them invested in the store the way GM wanted them to. I'm sure more will come out on this in the near future. See anyone on the list that looks familiar??? You cannot tell me that the factories do not retaliate against dealers that speak out against them.:devil1:

s-works 07-23-2012 11:37 AM

cannot read the list without being a member of automotive news

Lakeshow 07-23-2012 03:52 PM

Here's the short list from the article....


The hit list
GM is suing these stores for failing to meet 2011 targets.
• Kelley Motors (Buick-GMC), Elkins, W.Va.
• Wiese GM Center (Buick-GMC-Cadillac-Chevrolet), Taylorsville, Ind.
• DARCARS Chevrolet, Lanham, Md.
• Astro @ Exit 132 Buick-GMC, Whitehall, W.Va.
• Canton Motor Sales Inc. (Moore Buick-GMC), Canton, Ga.
• Williams Motor Co. Inc. (Chevrolet), Ferriday, La.
• Brian Bemis Auto Mall Inc. (Chevrolet-Buick), Oregon, Ill.
• Ramsey Auto Center (Buick-GMC), Urbandale, Iowa

Read more: http://www.autonews.com/article/2012...#ixzz21U8PGtXo

Does anyone else find this disturbing....

The "vast majority" have met the criteria and will keep their stores, said Ryndee Carney, a GM spokeswoman.

But for the few that didn't, GM is exercising an option to buy their assets, according to federal lawsuits filed in June and July.

XDCX 08-02-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakeshow (Post 29248)
Does anyone else find this disturbing....

The "vast majority" have met the criteria and will keep their stores, said Ryndee Carney, a GM spokeswoman.

But for the few that didn't, GM is exercising an option to buy their assets, according to federal lawsuits filed in June and July.

I want to make sure I follow your thought. Are you pointing out that the NEWCO dealers on the list will still make out substantially better than the OLDCO dealers who were terminated by GM or are you surprised that GM has the ability to buy-out an existing business?

mr4t60e 08-03-2012 11:48 AM

I wonder who one of GM's management team owes 8 favors to?

Lakeshow 08-03-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XDCX (Post 29310)
I want to make sure I follow your thought. Are you pointing out that the NEWCO dealers on the list will still make out substantially better than the OLDCO dealers who were terminated by GM or are you surprised that GM has the ability to buy-out an existing business?

I was surprised that GM has the ability to buy-out an existing business. I'm not sure I'd sign that kind of contract with the devil.

Add another rural dealer to the list...Beartooth Chevrolet in Big Timber, MT. I do not have the details other than they were notified July 2, and closed by GM July 31st.

XDCX 08-06-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakeshow (Post 29319)
I was surprised that GM has the ability to buy-out an existing business. I'm not sure I'd sign that kind of contract with the devil.

I follow your point but in reality, what choice did the dealers have? Essentially the deal was if you sign GM's agreement you get your store back with a chance you'll be able to keep it. If you don't sign GM's agreement you're left with nothing.

In some ways it was like the dealers who were with Chrysler Financial and then had to switch to GMAC. GMAC was demanding personal guarantees and since they were the only flooring source who was willing to take on a Chrysler dealer at the time the dealers didn't have any other choice and had to agree to GMAC's terms.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakeshow (Post 29319)
Add another rural dealer to the list...Beartooth Chevrolet in Big Timber, MT. I do not have the details other than they were notified July 2, and closed by GM July 31st.

Wow, that's too bad. :( While I hate to see any dealership close it hits even harder when it's a rural store since it's often hard for the community to replace those jobs and the sales tax revenue. For the dealer it's hard to keep a business operational without a new car franchise when your entire facility and overhead was designed to support a new car franchise.

Lakeshow 08-06-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XDCX (Post 29329)
Essentially the deal was if you sign GM's agreement you get your store back with a chance you'll be able to keep it. If you don't sign GM's agreement you're left with nothing.

I definitely see your point, funny what you can forget in four years.

Txflyer 08-06-2012 06:23 PM

Looks like GM hasn't changed it's colors since they kicked us out the door 4 years ago. I just had a friend ask me whether I thought they should buy a new Chevy Equinox or a Nissan Rogue. Guess which way I steered them? ;)

XDCX 08-08-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Txflyer (Post 29339)
Looks like GM hasn't changed it's colors since they kicked us out the door 4 years ago. I just had a friend ask me whether I thought they should buy a new Chevy Equinox or a Nissan Rogue. Guess which way I steered them? ;)

Good to hear from you again - I was thinking about you and your brother the other day. :)

I think the majority of the GM and Chrysler OLDCO dealers share your feelings as well as a lot of the NEWCO dealers who simply decided to get out of the business because it was no longer viable to be a rural new car dealer.

GM and Chrysler did a lot of damage over the past four years and the there's no question that their competitors have benefited accordingly.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright DealershipForum.com - 2008 - 2016