PDA

View Full Version : Conference Call - 04/14/09

XDCX
04-13-2009, 09:41 AM
Messrs. Press and Landry have a Dealer Conference Call set for 04/14/09 starting at 5:00 p.m. Detroit Time.

Details are included in D-mail on DealerConnect.

scooter
04-13-2009, 10:29 AM
I hope this is a better meeting and not a complete waste of 25 minutes.....With all the rumors floating out there, they better tell us something of importance...and it is good to see that they are not waiting until the end of the month to do this....gotta stay positive....

XDCX
04-13-2009, 11:18 AM
It will be interesting to see what they have to say. :confused:

There's not much news about the Fiat deal in the press, the only "new" news suggests that Fiat may assume a management roll in Chrysler if a deal comes together. That would imply Nardelli and LaSorda's future may be in question.

I'm quite certain that Press and Landry won't be commenting on that news.

It also seems too early to start talking about new incentives/advertising for May. Perhaps there's some good news regarding CF's application for more TARP funds? That was worthy of a Conference Call in the past.

CL Pgh
04-13-2009, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the heads-up! My DM should be sending me info. on the call around 4:30pm... tomorrow. :D

I don't expect anything either. The Frick & Frack show... get-cha pom-poms ready! Go Team Go!!! ;)

crowe
04-14-2009, 08:33 AM
New start time. Now 3:30 PM (ET)

XDCX
04-14-2009, 08:52 AM
New start time. Now 3:30 PM (ET)

Thanks for the update - I probably would have missed the new start time if you hadn't posted it. :)

littleman
04-14-2009, 11:44 AM
Other: Following the conference call, starting at 5 p.m. EDT, there will be a telephone replay available until April 15, 2009, at 11:59 p.m. EDT.

Domestic telephone playback number:

Here is a conf. call with the media on 4/1 I found the Q/A a little interesting.

Press really dodges all the questions dealers have been asking.

XDCX
04-14-2009, 11:50 AM
Other: Following the conference call, starting at 5 p.m. EDT, there will be a telephone replay available until April 15, 2009, at 11:59 p.m. EDT.

Domestic telephone playback number:

Here is a conf. call with the media on 4/1 I found the Q/A a little interesting.

I removed the Phone Number just to be safe. (I know you still need a Passcode to access the Conference Call but I don't want anyone to accuse this site of releasing confidential information.)

XDCX
04-14-2009, 12:00 PM
I removed the Phone Number just to be safe. (I know you still need a Passcode to access the Conference Call but I don't want anyone to accuse this site of releasing confidential information.)

Did I just "jump the gun?" :o

I thought you posted the phone number for the Dealer Conference Call so I deleted it. Now when I re-read your thread I'm wondering if you were referring to a Conference Call that was for the media?

Sorry if I acted too fast and made a mistake. Please re-post the phone number if it's something that Chrysler didn't intend to be confidential.

littleman
04-14-2009, 12:17 PM
I found it on the net. Not too much there, but media asking Press questions that we are asking. Thought it might be of some entertainment before today's c.c.

Here is the # Domestic telephone playback number: 1 800-879-5507

XDCX
04-14-2009, 12:24 PM
I found it on the net. Not too much there, but media asking Press questions that we are asking. Thought it might be of some entertainment before today's c.c.

Here is the # Domestic telephone playback number: 1 800-879-5507

Thanks for reposting - I'll listen to the call after the Dealer Conference Call.

Sorry again for the quick draw, my gun is back in its holster where it belongs. :o

littleman
04-14-2009, 12:39 PM
No prob. My hat is off to you (XDCX) for all the work you do on this forum.:)

ssdd
04-14-2009, 12:59 PM
That's another 30 minutes of my life they owe me
ssdd

XDCX
04-14-2009, 01:00 PM
Did anyone get an accurate count on the number of times Mr. Press indicated that he was "hopeful"? :)

Txflyer
04-14-2009, 01:10 PM
Did anyone get an accurate count on the number of times Mr. Press indicated that he was "hopeful"? :)

I also noticed how many times he said "if the Fiat deal comes together" rather than "when the Fiat deal comes together.

scooter
04-14-2009, 01:17 PM
Here is what I got from the meeting...
1. kept saying business as usual...I sure hope not
2. they are building an ad campaigne...well they said this last meeting and
still no new ads.
3. the only new product they talked about was the new Jeep....well great we
do not sell Jeeps, just Chrysler and Dodge. plus I cannot wait for the
Rocky Mountain edition ads and vehicles.
4. fully engaged meaningful dialogue, no planned timetable, making
progress...what the hell does that mean...I thought we had until the end
of the month to do something.
5. a lot of balls in the air...same line from npr interview
6. residual values up...what ???????, are we back in leasing...
7. no guarantees of anything, and as good as possible.... that one was a
confidence builder...
these guys are amazing... 30 minutes of not saying a thing...when they are done they could be speech writers for the government...:confused:

XDCX
04-14-2009, 01:22 PM
I also noticed how many times he said "if the Fiat deal comes together" rather than "when the Fiat deal comes together.

Yeah, he also mentioned "There were no guarantees of anything....."

It was almost like Chrysler's Corporate Attorney was standing next to him making sure he didn't say anything too positive.

As I've stated many times before, I'm a big fan of Jim Press and I know that he can't say very much for legal reasons. That said, I question the value of a Conference Call if there's really nothing to report.

XDCX
04-14-2009, 01:36 PM
scooter - you nailed it. That's about the same set of notes that I have.

It's amazing when you think about it. Most dealers have their life savings invested in their businesses and there's a HUGE question about the future of Chrysler as we approach a critical deadline in two weeks.

Chrysler's two top Executives for the Sales Division coordinate a Dealer Conference Call and discuss, among other things, the value of retaining Service Customers. It's simply mind-numbing. :(

possum
04-14-2009, 01:50 PM
How can they afford to waste the money involved in a Conf Call? The new Jeep is years away, IF we are still here.

littleman
04-14-2009, 02:08 PM
[QUOTE=XDCX;5858]Yeah, he also mentioned "There were no guarantees of anything....."

Kinda reminds me of those sleezy F&I guys that train you on how "disclose" everything without making a big scene.

jules4jeeps
04-14-2009, 02:12 PM
I listened to the first six minutes or so and then went back to my desk to work. Lots of syllables used to say pretty much nothing. I think the purpose of alot of these calls is to "soothe" themselves not us and to "feel" like they are doing something about their situation. Back to car purgatory for now...

XDCX
04-14-2009, 02:45 PM
I re-read some of my posts and don't want to come across as being too negative.

To the extent that Press can't say anything too positive he's really in a no-win situation. The dealers are frustrated if he doesn't have a call and they're frustrated if he does.

It was good to hear that April seems to be a stronger sales month than anything the industry has had so far this year and dealer profits are up. It also sounds like Chrysler's sales results will follow the industry and be down about 35% from last year.

I did smile, however, when Press commented that CF had enough liquidity to make it to the end of the month. Is that really a positive? :rolleyes:

XDCX
04-14-2009, 03:15 PM
I listened to the first six minutes or so and then went back to my desk to work. Lots of syllables used to say pretty much nothing. I think the purpose of alot of these calls is to "soothe" themselves not us and to "feel" like they are doing something about their situation. Back to car purgatory for now...

Good decision to go back to work - you have 24 minutes of your life left that the rest of us lost. :)

CL Pgh
04-14-2009, 03:51 PM
Spoke w/my NEW dm shortly after the call on a different matter. The "call" came up during our conversation... he said these calls where No Information is available... should stop!

I like this guy already!!!

XDCX
04-14-2009, 07:11 PM
I was thinking back to one of the comments Press made about the negotiations running until the very last minute.

There's no question that the biggest hurdle is going to be with the bond holders. The part I think is interesting is the precedent the Treasury set with the GMAC bond holders. In that case the Treasury "caved in" at the last moment.

In fairness, that was President Bush's Treasury. It will be interesting to see what President Obama's Treasury does if they're faced with a similar issue when Chrysler's clock starts clicking down.

dafuzz1956
04-15-2009, 09:25 AM
So what I have gathered so far is I was better off working on the remodeling job of my basement than taking a break and listening to nothing.

XDCX
04-15-2009, 11:22 AM
So what I have gathered so far is I was better off working on the remodeling job of my basement than taking a break and listening to nothing.

You're 100% correct. :)

I was really hoping the Conference Call was going to provide some good news about CF's TARP application. It was a letdown when the 30 minute call provided nothing but a rehash of information we already knew.

dafuzz1956
04-15-2009, 04:19 PM
On the good news for me I passed all of the city permits for my basement and we are almost ready to :beerchug: