PDA

View Full Version : advice on advisors pay

ssdd
04-03-2009, 06:13 AM
I know this may need to be moved to Chrysler service, but I wanted to know how you guys pay your advisers, and a service advisory is the same for any franchise. I need a plan that motivates and rewards, but one that if fair to the dealership too. thanks in advance!
ssdd

dafuzz1956
04-03-2009, 08:16 AM
Depending on geographic location, some recieve a salary plus commission on sales of service up grades

XDCX
04-03-2009, 12:37 PM
I know this may need to be moved to Chrysler service, but I wanted to know how you guys pay your advisers, and a service advisory is the same for any franchise. I need a plan that motivates and rewards, but one that if fair to the dealership too. thanks in advance!
ssdd

Great topic - there's no need to move the thread. :)

It's been awhile since I've been involved directly with Service so I don't think I'm very well equipped to answer your question.

That said, I love pay plan discussions. It's amazing how much impact they have on production and it's often interesting to hear about the unintended consequences.

I remember one store that was having warranty cost control issues so the GM revised the pay plan so the advisors wouldn't get paid on any warranty R.O.s. That lasted about a month - it got to the point where no one wanted to help a customer with a brand new car because they knew they were not going to get paid. :(

Hopefully some of our Dealers and GMs will chime in with what's been working for their stores.