PDA

View Full Version : The Flashing Banner is under 10,000 units

XDCX
02-10-2009, 03:27 PM
I noticed today that the Flashing Green Banner is under 10,000 units. I hope Chrysler gets all of the orders they need to complete February's allocation.

Concerning the "Over-Schedule" incentive, is Chrysler paying that at the time of Invoice or when the vehicle is NVDR'd?

squish
02-10-2009, 03:47 PM
Concerning the "Over-Schedule" incentive, is Chrysler paying that at the time of Invoice or when the vehicle is NVDR'd?

that is THE question..... if i remember correctly, on the wbc conference call they said it was time of nvdr, but that is meerly my memory which is not always accurate;)

crowe
02-10-2009, 03:56 PM
It is my understanding it is NVDR'd, same as the Instant Value Coupon C289 w/ diff program #. I hope Chrysler gets their orders & makes it as well. We drank the cool-aid & if Chrysler doesn’t make it we might not either & could domino our KIA franchise and sister Ford & GM stores too. Big gamble, danged if you do, danged if don’t. You got too love this bus.

XDCX
02-10-2009, 03:59 PM
that is THE question..... if i remember correctly, on the wbc conference call they said it was time of nvdr, but that is meerly my memory which is not always accurate;)

I didn't have a chance to listen to the West BC Conference Call but I had heard the dealer in Bakersfield was asking about the timing of the incentive payments and it sounded like something had changed.

As I understood it, the original deal was the incentives were going to be paid on Invoice, but it was changed to the NVDR date. But it was never clear to me what incentives they were referring to?

If it's paid on NVDR that would certainly make the payments more difficult to track.

squish
02-10-2009, 04:12 PM
the bakersfield dealer's questions were the exact ones i was thinking of when you asked this question. it seemed to him as well as myself that something had changed. chrysler was trying to make it sound positive, but it didn't come across that way to me. it sure seemed as though they were saying it gets paid at the nvdr which will make it very hard to track, which i believe is their goal so some people will miss it and those who do question it will get the standard "we're taking our time to calculate what you earned to be sure......":rolleyes:

on another note, the bakersfield dealer was also getting on them about advertising since they usually spend all the money in LA, SF, san diego, orange county, sacramento and san jose. since he is my ad rep i was glad to hear him give it to them on behalf of us small guys. we got our ad update from the bc and ads will be on two of three local stations but no radio:confused:

anyway, i can't even remember the last time i saw a tv or newspaper ad from corporate so a little is better than none.

XDCX
02-10-2009, 04:41 PM
It is my understanding it is NVDR'd, same as the Instant Value Coupon C289 w/ diff program #.

Thanks for the information, that sounds familar. From a cash flow and tracking standpoint, that's not the answer I was hoping for. :(

Also, I wonder what would happen if another dealer wanted that vehicle as a Dealer Trade? :confused:

I hope Chrysler gets their orders & makes it as well. We drank the cool-aid & if Chrysler doesn’t make it we might not either & could domino our KIA franchise and sister Ford & GM stores too. Big gamble, danged if you do, danged if don’t. You got too love this bus.

I think there are thousands of dealers that feel the exact same way - a lot of sleepless nights trying to figure out how to survive this downturn.

XDCX
02-10-2009, 04:50 PM
the bakersfield dealer's questions were the exact ones i was thinking of when you asked this question. it seemed to him as well as myself that something had changed. chrysler was trying to make it sound positive, but it didn't come across that way to me. it sure seemed as though they were saying it gets paid at the nvdr which will make it very hard to track, which i believe is their goal so some people will miss it and those who do question it will get the standard "we're taking our time to calculate what you earned to be sure......":rolleyes:.

I think crowe has the answer - sounds like it's payment at time of NVDR.

on another note, the bakersfield dealer was also getting on them about advertising since they usually spend all the money in LA, SF, san diego, orange county, sacramento and san jose. since he is my ad rep i was glad to hear him give it to them on behalf of us small guys. we got our ad update from the bc and ads will be on two of three local stations but no radio:confused:

Great to hear that you've got a dealer that's not afraid to speak-up and ask for what's fair. :)

I've probably said a thousand times that this site's not "Anti-Factory" but it amazes me how the Chrysler Dealer Counsel just seems to parrot everything that Auburn Hills says.

It's OK to tell the Factory they're wrong, especially if it might help everyone sell some cars....

possum
02-11-2009, 06:10 AM
Incentive payments are getting stretched out. With so many programs flying out, it is getting harder to track them all. If they get too stretched out, then a BK filing, you won't need to track them.

XDCX
02-11-2009, 09:17 AM
Incentive payments are getting stretched out. With so many programs flying out, it is getting harder to track them all. If they get too stretched out, then a BK filing, you won't need to track them.

That's a thought that will keep you up at night. :(

I also wanted to "bump" this thread and ask how a Dealer Trade would be handled - would the incentive be conveyed to the dealer that processed the NVDR?

Also, is there a tracking code on the vehicle option list that would identify this incentive? (I'm not suggesting anything unethical here, I just want to protect dealers if there's a potential issue here.)

dafuzz1956
02-11-2009, 09:59 AM
The way the program was discribed to me is 1) order the allowcation 2) sell a qualifying unit (for chrysler is t&c or 300) and when a unit gets nvdr you get the money. It did not have to be the vehicle that was ordered, just a any delivery that is a qualifying unit.

XDCX
02-11-2009, 11:45 AM
The way the program was discribed to me is 1) order the allowcation 2) sell a qualifying unit (for chrysler is t&c or 300) and when a unit gets nvdr you get the money. It did not have to be the vehicle that was ordered, just a any delivery that is a qualifying unit.

Thanks for the information. Hopefully we'll get someone else to verify that's they way they understand the program too.

While the program as you describe it is certainly better than waiting to sell the specific unit, it makes me wonder why Chrysler didn't offer to just pay the incentive up front?

goodone414
02-11-2009, 12:46 PM

Hey dauzz, I think we are talking about two different programs on this thread. The program you are referring to pays once you order 100% of your allocation and then sell a qualifing unit. It pays at NVDR. There is another program for dealers that order OVER their Feb allocation. Under this program the dealer is paid dealer cash of $1000 - $2000 depending on the vehicle ordered. These $$$ are to be paid as dealer cash in one lump sum either the last Friday of Feb or the last Friday of March.

dafuzz1956
02-11-2009, 03:44 PM
Sorry about that guys and gals there are too many programs and this thread would not work in incentive configuration ha ha ha :D

XDCX
02-11-2009, 05:18 PM
Hey dauzz, I think we are talking about two different programs on this thread. The program you are referring to pays once you order 100% of your allocation and then sell a qualifing unit. It pays at NVDR. There is another program for dealers that order OVER their Feb allocation. Under this program the dealer is paid dealer cash of $1000 - $2000 depending on the vehicle ordered. These $$$ are to be paid as dealer cash in one lump sum either the last Friday of Feb or the last Friday of March.

Great post - that totally clears the issue up.

That's what I like about an interactive forum, we can keep digging until we finally get the correct answer and everyone learns in the process. :)

XDCX
02-12-2009, 10:20 AM
I heard that the Flashing Banner is now under 2,500 units - that's great news.

Hopefully Chrysler will be able to hit their number and report to the Treasury that the dealers are supporting the Viability Plan.

squish
02-12-2009, 01:55 PM
it is almost 2pm PST and our sales rep just called from the southern califorinia office and in his office they only have 22 units left to wholesale to make their number, of course he is wheeling & dealing with us to take more.

my concern is, what is going to happen in march if they are having this hard of a time with february's allocation and nationwide we have only 12,000 units nvdr'd for the month:confused:

XDCX
02-12-2009, 02:15 PM
my concern is, what is going to happen in march if they are having this hard of a time with february's allocation and nationwide we have only 12,000 units nvdr'd for the month:confused:

That's the question that I think everyone's wondering about. Chrysler really needs a good retail month if they expect their dealers to keep stepping up for more wholesale.

The other thing I was wondering is what prevents a dealer from over-extending today so they can maximize their "over-achiever" payment and then order nothing in March? Is there something in the program rules that prevents this?

goodone414
02-13-2009, 08:01 AM
That's the question that I think everyone's wondering about. Chrysler really needs a good retail month if they expect their dealers to keep stepping up for more wholesale.

The other thing I was wondering is what prevents a dealer from over-extending today so they can maximize their "over-achiever" payment and then order nothing in March? Is there something in the program rules that prevents this?

I hope not 'cause that's exactly our game plan... Although if the past is a reflection of the future March's program will probably be so good I'll be sick we ordered over in February

okcarl
02-13-2009, 08:10 AM
This was just posted as a comment in Automotive news to the article that Chrysler was able to fill all of the February orders. I think this says a lot.

Tomorrow Loyal Members of the Chrysler Dealer Party have a telephone conference call with our glorious leader for life Kim Jung Press.

Glorious Leader will ask party members to identify less loyal Chrysler Dealers who refused to cooperate with Leaders demands to take their fair share of Februarys over production.

Glorious Leader Press will then use his unquestionable authority to demand that those less loyal Chrysler dealers who did not take their fair share of February over production now must take more then their fair share of March’s over production.

Failure to do so will lead to an outburst of emotion yet unseen by Glorious Leader for life Kim Jung Press: He has a great memory and will not forget those that did not support the Chrysler Dealer Party agenda.

2/12/2009 8:48 PM EST

XDCX
02-13-2009, 09:38 AM
I hope not 'cause that's exactly our game plan... Although if the past is a reflection of the future March's program will probably be so good I'll be sick we ordered over in February

Great point - based on the past it seemed like the deals to take inventory just kept getting better as time went on. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

XDCX
02-13-2009, 09:44 AM
This was just posted as a comment in Automotive news to the article that Chrysler was able to fill all of the February orders. I think this says a lot.

There's no question that Press burned up some of his goodwill with the last Conference Call. Hopefully he takes a different approach today.

I read another comment from a dealer on the Automotive News site that took exception to the fact that Press saved his "tough" message for the Conference Call. I thought it was a valid point - he was just in all the BCs with face-to-face meetings, why didn't he deliver the "burn us down" speech when he was in the same room with the dealers?

CL Pgh
02-13-2009, 09:59 AM
Great post Okcarl!

Only one problem here... my DM is still tele-beg'n!!! We just placed 6 additional orders... and DM mentioned he can't go home until he gets a few more orders!!! He's in Maryland... driving home to PGH. :rolley:

squish
02-16-2009, 02:37 PM
are we going to have a contest to see who can guess when the flashing banner returns?????? :roflol:

XDCX
02-16-2009, 03:48 PM
are we going to have a contest to see who can guess when the flashing banner returns?????? :roflol:

My bet is that the flashing banner will return soon and the number will be much bigger than 10,000. :)