PDA

View Full Version : Chrysler's "Thank you" ad evokes criticism

XDCX
12-30-2008, 11:21 PM
When I first read the story that attacked Chrysler's "Thank you" ad I thought it was somewhat petty. Why make such a big deal out of a couple of full-page ads?

That said, when you factor that most Americans were against the "bail-out" it probably wasn't the smartest move. Especially when the ad essentially reminds potential customers that Chrysler was just weeks away from Chapter 11.

Here's a link to the news report: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2008/12/29/pub-chrysler-faces-criticism-page-thank-ads/

dafuzz1956
12-31-2008, 02:43 AM
They had a 50/50 chance of pissing someone off and it appears that they did. I agree not the brightest move, but come on are we going to have a congressional hearing on this too ?

ssdd
12-31-2008, 05:32 AM
no, lets just talk about it on the news for weeks so it will keep buyers out of the showroom. I cant wait until all this goes away so we can start selling cars again...

dafuzz1956
12-31-2008, 09:05 AM
Amen Brother

XDCX
12-31-2008, 10:39 AM
I cant wait until all this goes away so we can start selling cars again...

The bad news is that I don't think that's going to happen. :(

The amount approved by President Bush for GM and Chrysler will only carry them for a few months given their current "burn rate." That means this whole saga will once again fill the headlines shortly after Mr. Obama takes office.

In fact, I thought the UAW's response to the demand for wage parity was comical - they essentially told Bush that he's a lame duck president and they'll wait until Obama is in office to negotiate their deal.

This will be one of an almost countless number of challenges Obama will face when he takes office in three weeks.