PDA

View Full Version : Chrysler loses two Top Executives in four days

XDCX
12-16-2008, 09:01 AM
Chrysler has lost two of their top executives in the past four days:
John Campi - Senior VP of Purchasing
Simon Boag - Senior VP of Global Service and Parts OperationsNews reports indicate that Steve Landy will assume Boag's responsibilities but retain his current title.

Initially I was worried that Landry would have to perform in a job that he knows nothing about, but then I remembered that he's been doing it for all of his career. :rolleyes:

goodone414
12-16-2008, 09:07 AM
Initially I was worried that Landry would have to perform in a job that he knows nothing about, but then I remembered that he's been doing it for all of his career. :rolleyes:

To true to be Funny !!!:(

ssdd
12-16-2008, 09:25 AM

THAT'S AWESOME!

now you owe me a keyboard, I just blew diet coke all over mine!

:D:D:D:D

XDCX
12-16-2008, 11:38 AM
THAT'S AWESOME!

now you owe me a keyboard, I just blew diet coke all over mine!

:D:D:D:D

That's the one thing that I love about forums - we may not be able to change the world but it's nice to know that other people share the same thoughts. :)

dodgequality
12-16-2008, 04:30 PM
Take what you can and run.
I'm shopping Far East tomorrow.
Seriously, this must tell us something.
Cut 25% and take all over that number.
Leave the office woefully understaffed.
Actually, it confirms our thoughts.
Is there an emoitcan that says "Oh ****"?

XDCX
12-16-2008, 05:47 PM
Take what you can and run.
I'm shopping Far East tomorrow.
Seriously, this must tell us something.
Cut 25% and take all over that number.
Leave the office woefully understaffed.
Actually, it confirms our thoughts.
Is there an emoitcan that says "Oh ****"?

Concerning the "Take what you can and run" comment, you're right. I remember that Boag was one of the Chrysler Executives that was going to receive a portion of the $30 Million Retention Bonus. I bet he resigned the day after he was eligible to cash the check.

Concerning your comment about confirming our thoughts, you're right again. There is absolutely ZERO evidence to suggest that Cerberus/Chrysler is in this fight for the long haul. Every signal they send reinforces the theory that they're just hanging on looking for a buyer. :mad:

XDCX
12-19-2008, 10:00 AM
Chrysler announced today that two more executives are leaving the company to pursue "other opportunities."

Deborah Meyer - Chief Marketing Officer
Philip F. Murtaugh - Chief Executive of Chrysler's Asia operationsDeborah Meyer's tenure at Chrysler lasted for only 18 months. She had been hired away from Toyota shortly after the Cerberus purchase of Chrysler and was lauded for her marketing expertise.

Not surprisingly, Steve Landry will add Meyer's responsibilities to his growing job description.

scooter
12-19-2008, 10:31 AM
Chrysler announced today that two more executives are leaving the company to pursue "other opportunities."

Deborah Meyer - Chief Marketing Officer
Philip F. Murtaugh - Chief Executive of Chrysler's Asia operationsDeborah Meyer's tenure at Chrysler lasted for only 18 months. She had been hired away from Toyota shortly after the Cerberus purchase of Chrysler and was lauded for her marketing expertise.

Not surprisingly, Steve Landry will add Meyer's responsibilities to his growing job description.

I was not impressed with Meyer's work. This Dodge Ram Challenge has been a big disappointment, it looked more like an ad for a reality show and not a truck commercial. And some of her other work was just as memorable. I am sure the people at Chrysler thought she could provide some Toyota magic, but she never produced. I don't think we lost much there. As for the other guy, well sayonara....

XDCX
12-22-2008, 09:45 AM
I was not impressed with Meyer's work. This Dodge Ram Challenge has been a big disappointment, it looked more like an ad for a reality show and not a truck commercial. And some of her other work was just as memorable. I am sure the people at Chrysler thought she could provide some Toyota magic, but she never produced. I don't think we lost much there. As for the other guy, well sayonara....

I agree, the Ram Challenge has been a failure and a waste of resources.

I also thought it was interesting that there have been complaints about the slowness of the new dealership websites. That was supposed to be one her top priorities - I'm surprised that it was launched before it was 100%.

I was also surprised to read that Jim Press did not hot Meyers in high regard - I think I read that on the AutoExtremist website. I just assumed that when she followed Press to Chrysler that it was because he had recruited her.